Clark Recruitment partners with Maynooth University
Clark Recruitment commissions research in partnership with Maynooth University on attracting and retaining millennials in the workplace.
As part of our 20 year anniversary Clark have commissioned research, in collaboration with Maynooth University School of Business, on how to attract and retain millennials in the workplace.
The Business Research Project, which was conducted by a Masters student identified how Irish companies can attract, recruit and retain millennials. Millennials are those born from the early 1980’s until 2000. They are that first generation to grow up in the digital age.
The research, which was titled “An Evaluation of How Employers Can Retain Millennials” has provided us with some valuable insights which are of benefit to any organisation who are hiring millennials or already have millennials working in their organisation.
20 ways to attract & retain millennials
- 1.Create a culture attractive to millennials
- 2.Define the company culture and communicate it internally & externally
- 3.Work-life balance and flexibility can increase productivity
- 4.Millennials are conscious of their wellbeing – make it a priority in the workplace
- 5.A strong set of company and personal values is important for millennials
- 6.Have a well-defined job description
- 7.Create short videos/photos on work/products and share on social media platforms so millennials can relate and connect with the company
- 8.Have a mentor program, encourage learning through generations interacting with each other
- 9.Tell a story about a millennial who is already an employee, let them be an ambassador for the company
- 10.Have an open door/informal management style
- 11.Have regular feedback sessions and encourage free exchange of ideas
- 12.Communication – love them, hate them, but don’t ignore them
- 13.Be individual & personal when given feedback, give examples & be specific
- 14.Celebrate the small stuff i.e. birthdays & anniversaries. Let employees know they are valued and appreciated. Make it personal and specific
- 15.Get to know and encourage your employee’s passion – i.e. running, music and reward accordingly (i.e. tickets to a gig, sponsorship for a race)
- 16.Make them feel irreplaceable
- 17.Recognise milestones with the team such as hitting targets or winning new business
- 18.Career growth & development – help develop and encourage pathways
- 19.Encourage team work and collaboration with team building events that take them out of their comfort zones
- 20.Boost motivation by investing in employee’s development and offering cross departmental training
Established in 1998, Clark is a Recruitment & HR Services based in Naas, Co. Kildare. With an innovative spirit, solutions focused approach and the human touch, we partner with our clients to project manage Recruitment & Selection, provide HR Guidance, Managed Services and Executive Coaching. Our business is underpinned by three main qualities: professionalism, integrity and a focus on people.
For further information on this piece of research and the services we provide, please contact Clark on 045 881888 or email@example.com