The Curragh Racecourse seek experienced Marketing Professioanl
‘Steeped in history and tradition the Curragh Racecourse is undoubtedly Ireland’s premier flat racing venue and the spiritual home of the sport in Ireland.
Considered to be one of the finest tracks in the world every year it is the home to Ireland’s five Classics. Centre stage is of course held by the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby, a major event for flat racing worldwide and a race that down through the years has been won by some of the greatest racehorses ever to run.
Unfortunately, the world class racetrack and the quality of the horses, owners, trainers and riders it attracts has to date not been matched by a similar quality of world class facilities. All is, however, about to change. The new Curragh will see the creation of world class facilities on a par with the best anywhere in the world. This is where you will help to make a big impact for The Curragh’.
We are working with the Curragh Racecourse to recruit a Marketing Executive for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Objective of this position
To deliver the 2018 marketing and communications plan for the 9 remaining racing fixtures and events at the Curragh Racecourse. To assist with the preparation of marketing strategies and the launch of the redeveloped Curragh in 2019. To play an important role in the preparation of the marketing and communication strategy for 2019.
You will be accountable for the following key functions:
• Managing the media plan; related advertising and partner management in respect of each individual race day event
• Brand Management – consistency and quality in all components; product, customer experience and the brand inventory
• Website Management/MIS Website Management and event content and imagery management associated with the sales system
• Digital Marketing; manage various social media channels
• Work with various agencies to develop 2019 strategies – artwork; customer insights/data management
• Liaise internally with the team on draft running order for events to include various entertainment
• Day to day management of the relationship with press; photographers and TV partners in relation to all aspects of their participation
• Issue press releases, with approved suppliers of content or in house as required on feature days
• Other marketing tasks as required
• Development of product related promotional material for the launch of a newly constructed grandstand and associated facilities at the Curragh
• Major website redevelopment project encompassing racing; training grounds and new business/non race day events.
The ideal person for this role will be/possess;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience at Marketing Executive level
• A qualification in marketing or related discipline
• High level of accuracy and good eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills – written & verbal; ability to adapt communication style to various stakeholders
• A self-starter; motivated and enthusiastic.
• Experience or knowledge of horse racing industry is desirable
To apply for this role in confidence, please send your CV to Katie email@example.com or call 045 881888 for further information.