Top 10 skills in demand by Irish employers
The skills that are most sought after among employers in Ireland have been listed by Linkedin Corporation.
Cloud and Distributed Computing topped the list for the second year in a row – it was also the most in demand skill globally.
The annual list by the world’s largest online professional network is developed by analysing all of the recruiting activity on LinkedIn since January.
The Irish Top Skills of 2016 are:
- Cloud and Distributed Computing (no change)
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining (no change)
- Web Architecture and Development Framework (up three places from 2015)
- Network and Information Security (up one place from 2015)
- SEO/SEM Marketing (fell two places since 2015)
- Marketing Campaign Management (new entry)
- Software Revision Control Systems (up three places from 2015)
- Middleware and Integration Software (fell four places since 2015)
- Mobile Development (fell one place since 2015)
- Recruiting (up six places from 2015)
Demand remains high for tech skills because they are no longer confined to the tech industry and are needed in nearly every industry and county in the country.
Wendy Murphy, Senior HR Director, LinkedIn EMEA commented: “While some skills expire every couple of years, our data highlights the ongoing demand for tech skills across every industry in Ireland.”
Recruitment also experienced a spike in hiring activity and Marketing Campaign Management joined the list of the top ten skills for the first time.