Tips For Temps
Fitting into the culture and systems of a new company every few weeks or months, is a considerable challenge. It’s important, therefore, to approach temping with the right mindset:
- Presentation, manner and willingness to help are as important in a temporary position as in a permanent position.
- You may be temporary but you still want to be given a good reference – or to be asked back.
- Be discreet. Everything you hear about a company’s personnel or its business is confidential and should not be discussed outside.
- Find out as much as you can about what is expected of you, on day one. You don’t want to be asking obvious questions three days into the job.
- Having said that, you can’t be expected to know everything. If you are unsure about anything – do ask.
- Be sociable; show that you are friendly and approachable. Not only will you enjoy your work more, it will ensure that you are remembered for future work.
- Always contact Clark Office directly if you are running late or unable to attend your assignment.
- Your Assignments >>
- Telephone Tips >>
- Making A Good Impression >>
- Call us when you need us >>
- Do’s and Don’ts >>
- On your assignment >>
- Your Career with Clark Recruitment >>